hi guys
i am wondering if anyone can direct me to a beginners tutorial on creating crystal reports that are specifically based off the sql server compact 3.5 database in visual studio 2008?

most of the examples i can find are all related to Sql Server Full..or Access..ect.

i have never dealt with crystal reports,, and would like to see if i can use this for some databases that have been created using the sql server compact that is shipped with the 2008 visual studio pro.

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Dcurvez

It doesn't really matter which database source that you use (SQL Server (any edition), Access, Excel, Oracle and so on).
As long as you can get the relevant data into a DataTable, then all you have to do is use that as the DataSource for the crystal report.

In VB.net you can add new item from solution explorer.,there you can see crystal report and just answer the wizard

It doesn't really matter which database source that you use (SQL Server (any edition), Access, Excel, Oracle and so on).
As long as you can get the relevant data into a DataTable, then all you have to do is use that as the DataSource for the crystal report.

okay, i understand now. it does not matter what database you are using..as long as your data is in one LOL. so if i am using the compact version. to shoot this table to crystal reports would be fine. *starts relooking at the tutorials* :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.