I'm just wondering what kind of free SQL API I should use to connect with c++ so I can use a database with my programming to make it a lot nicer and more neat for my objects... I've done a bit of search and fount things like ADO or ODBC... Wondering what you guys recommend and why? Thank you!

I always used ODBC because its supported by most (all) SQL compliant databases and is well documents. You can even find free c++ classes that wrap the odbc calls.

If you are using MySQL then you can get MySQL++ which are c++ wrapper class for MySQL. That's a little different than odbc, and probably faster too.

For really small projects that do not require multi-user features you can use SqLite which does not require some external database engine such as MySQL or MS-Access. Its all self contained and is compiled right into the application program.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.