Hi everyone,

I am new to java enterprise edition and used Eclipse previously. I need to integrate apache maven with my eclipse. I saw a few tutorials like the one http://www.eclipse.org/m2e/ ,
and i tried to follow it but i could find the other option in the import dialogue. I guess i might also be lacking basic concepts of maven or as a matter of fact any sort of integration with eclipse. It will be got if any of you can help me out.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Did you installed m2eclipse plugin? Otherwise you need to be specific on where you are having problems to follow video

Hi all i got it working. I just want to post so as this thread might be beneficial for any other person in future.

Basically you have to go to Eclipse help.

a) Select Help > Install New Software. This should display the "Install" dialog.

b) Paste the following URL, which is m2eclipse Update Site URL, into the field named "Work with:" and press Enter. Pressing Enter should cause Eclipse to update list of available plugins and components.
http://m2eclipse.sonatype.org/sites/m2e

c) Choose the component listed under m2eclipse:
"Maven Integration for Eclipse (Required)".

d) Click Next. Eclipse will then check to see if there are any issues which would prevent a successful installation.

e) Click “Next” and agree to the terms of the Eclipse Public License v1.0.

f) Click Finish to begin the installation process. Eclipse will then download and install the necessary components.

g) Once the installation process is finished, Eclipse will ask you if you want to restart the IDE. Sonatype strongly recommends that you restart your IDE after installing m2eclipse.

Now to import the maven project.

Now you will see the Maven folder in Import option under File. Go to file-> import -> maven -> existing maven project -> then add the project folder as "root". Click finish .

Then its all set. :)

You will see the the all the dependencies resolved and updation of indexes

As I said, missing plugin.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.