Hello World ! I have problem regarding configuration of OPenAL in Dev c++. I have included openal32.dll in system32(Windows), alut.dll in system(windows folder), included alut.h,al.h in AL directory (c:\dev cpp\include\AL) as well and linked all the files viz. -lopenal -lalut. but the source code is not getting compiled..What's the problem. or can anyone tell me the exact steps....

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Does your source code #include the header files?

ya, I have included these header files...but don't know what's the problem?

What is the compiler error?

Ya, I have solved my problem now.. actually I didn't include openAL32 (Object file library) in dev cpp's lib folder...forgotten step..altough thanks !!!

Ya, I have solved my problem now.. actually I didn't include openAL32 (Object file library) in dev cpp's lib folder...forgotten step..altough thanks !!!

Actually DevCPP is old and dead version...Check its successor, wxDevCPP

February 21th 2005 : Dev-C++ 5 Beta 9.2 (4.9.9.2) released !

wxDevCPP

wxDev-C++ is an extension of Dev-C++ by Colin Laplace et. al. This program helps you to create dialogs and frames for wxWidgets visually using a form designer. With all the wonderful features of Dev-C++, wxDev-C++ is still being actively developed. The main aim of this project is to provide the wxWidgets community with a free, open-source, commercial-grade IDE/RAD tool for development with wxWidgets.

I would Though recommend CodeLite or Code::Blocks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.