hi,
i am working on windows 7 platform,please tell me how to install and configure third party packages,to use that package in some other python program

Thanks
mukthyar

any package of python ....

Let's start with something simple that will allow you to intall packages from the python package index. I don't use windows 7, but it should work here too

First, you must install setuptools from here http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools#using-setuptools-and-easyinstall . If you have a 32 bits windows simply select and run the .exe installer coresponding to your version of python. If you have a 64 bits windows, download and run the ez_setup.py python script instead as described in the windows section of the installation instructions.

Then we'll try the command easy_install to install a package from pypi. For this,
open a windows cmd tool and type easy_install unidecode . If it works, start a python interpreter and type the statement import unidecode . If this works (no error occurs), it means that you managed installing the 'unidecode' third party module.

Then post again in this thread for more...

Edited 5 Years Ago by Gribouillis: n/a

So a demo to the other way to install packages,easy_install is good to have and use.
I use easy_install most of the time.

I use same third party packages unidecode in this test.
http://pypi.python.org/pypi/Unidecode/0.04.1
I download Unidecode-0.04.1.tar.gz and pack it out,you pack it out to wherever you want.

Then from cmd i naviagte to the unpacked folder.
The wirte python setup.py install
Now unidecode is installed,test it out.

***Python 2.7 (r27:82525, Jul  4 2010, 09:01:59) [MSC v.1500 32 bit (Intel)] on win32. 
>>> import unidecode
>>> dir(unidecode)
['Char',
 'NULLMAP',
 '__builtins__',
 '__doc__',
 '__file__',
 '__loader__',
 '__name__',
 '__package__',
 '__path__',
 'unidecode']

>>> unidecode.unidecode(u"\u5317\u4EB0")
'Bei Jing '
>>>

Edited 5 Years Ago by snippsat: n/a

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.