Hi, i need some pointers on how to approach my assignment. Dont want you to write me the code, just please point me in the right direction.
I need to create a C++ program that requires the user to enter 10 student id numbers and the grade they received in a course. The program should then convert the numerical grade to a letter grade while keeping track of the number of letter (A, B, C, etc…) grades. The output of the program should look similar to what is mentioned below.

Enter Course Name: Business Law
Enter the Student Id Numbers: 1234, 2345, 3456, 4567, 5678, 6789, 7890, 8901, 9012, 0123
Enter the Grades Received: 87, 76, 45, 89, 103, 83, 72, 57, 95, 98
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ETC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Student 1234 received a grade of B+
Student 2345 received a grade of C+
Student 3456 received a grade of F
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ETC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Number of A Distributed = 3
Number of B+ Distributed = 2
Number of B Distributed = 1
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ETC>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
The course Business Law had a course average of 80.5 which is a B

Please help me out

What I would do is first create a struct called student that holds a student id and their number grade. I would then store all the student structs in a vector.

To display the letter grades, the easiest way is to probably to have a separate function that receives a number grade and returns a string with the equivalent letter grade. The function would most likely use multiple if-else statements testing for grade ranges to return the correct letter grade.

For score distribution you can have counter variables for each letter grade. In the letter grade function, you can increment the counter for each grade before returning a string.

The class average is pretty simple and I'm sure you can figure out yourself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.