In anyone's opinion, what would be the best way to learn Java from a book. ( Any book recommendations)

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Beginning Java in (...) ?
Then let me help when i know :)

Take a look
Similar Threads beside you post may help too ?

Um...what.

Java game development .. Java web development .. etc >> ??

In anyone's opinion, what would be the best way to learn Java from a book. ( Any book recommendations)

There is no best book, there can be recommended book. Why? Because we have different reading and learning habits.
You may want to have look on post at the top of Java section that is labelled as Starting "Java" [Java tutorials / resources / faq] which holds list of various groups and helpful online resources. From my experience for absolute novice in programming Head First Java by O'Reilly or Java How to Program by Deitel&Deitel are good starts

I agree with Peter on this. Everyone has their own reading pace and some books might help and some will not.
My recommended book to start off java would be Complete Reference by Hebert Schidlt.
It really helps you with the basic concepts.

Java How to Program - Deitel
Java for Dummies

@ayas
Rule number one, always read replies from previous posts as to avoid repeating what was already said (it doesn't matter if it is good or bad advice). My personal recommendation, do not recommend dummies book if you do not want to be called dummy...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.