Hello all,

I want to develop Android java applications for Android Smartphones(>Android 2.1) and Android Tablets(>Android 3.0). I had already downloaded the Latest Android SDK and Eclipse plugin for that. The entire environment for developing the android application is ready with me.

I have professional experience of programming in C++ and can list myself in intermediate level in C++. I am also aware of basic OOPS concepts.

But i have not programmed in Java before and also dont know its correct syntax and all.

I dont want to start the application development without proper understanding of Java Language. I want to develop the application which can be actually used in smartphones/tablets.

Please guide me how to proceed. Is there any specific tutorials for learning Java for Android.

Also i would like to know <Can we develop Android Applications in C++?>

Waiting for reply.

Thanks in advance.

There is no specific Java requirement for Android, just general understanding of Java. You can still develop in C++ with Android NDK but I have zero to none knowledge/experience with it (I'm sort of C++ ignorant)

But what i found out that, with Android NDK you cannot completely develop your Applications in C/C++. Only some performance critical portions of your application can be developed in C/C++, other portions need to be in Java.(I am not sure what are performance critical portions really means).

Then how the Android application developed in C/C++ going to work??

I know C/C++ and thinking of migrating to Java.
Need suggestions whether to stick to C/C++ and learn more concepts or move to learning of one more language in the form of Java.confused!!!

Please provide your comments.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.