what's the reason that I should set RtsEnable and DtrEnable to true??

it worked for me but I can't understadn why I should set those two property to True..

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Request to Send (RTS) is used to signal a devices intention to send data. Without it the connected device may refuse to receive data.

For modems, Data Terminal Ready (DTR) is used to tell a modem that it wants to dial out, and drops the signal to low to drop the call. It is also used to tell the modem that the serial port is ready to receive an incoming call. If you are not using a modem, then I'm not sure, I believe it depends on the specific device.

Request to Send (RTS) is used to signal a devices intention to send data. Without it the connected device may refuse to receive data.

For modems, Data Terminal Ready (DTR) is used to tell a modem that it wants to dial out, and drops the signal to low to drop the call. It is also used to tell the modem that the serial port is ready to receive an incoming call. If you are not using a modem, then I'm not sure, I believe it depends on the specific device.

cool! thanks for the answer !! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.