surferxo3 0 Newbie Poster

I have a winform with 3 textboxes; 1 for Day, 2 for Month & 3 for Year plus a button when clicked opens a new form which has the reportViewer1 control there to display the report. I have no problem with just adding a dataset and adding fill & get method to fill the dataset & make the rdlc report using the wizard & just drag & drop. My point here is that my query is static that I have applied in the dataset for getting the data from the dataset... I want the user to select the day month & year from the form & hit the button & the report generates for the user based parameters... I'm unable to solve this problem how to do this job. Please help me out asap...

I have table in the database with the name scanning. The query I applied in the dataset that I added in my project is "select p_bCode, p_name, p_size, p_comp, p_count, p_day, p_month, p_year from scanning".. I want the textbox based query like this "select * from scanning where p_day = '" + pDay + "' and p_month = '" + pMonth + "' and p_year = '" + pYear + "'"

Please provide me the complete code... Thanks...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.