Hey there,

I have taken earlier this tutorial on adobe's site for building an application for mobile devices. The tutorial provides a war file. After deploying the war file on my tomcat server, a few directories are built. Most importantly, WEB-INF folder. This folder contains some java files on one subdirectory and the corresponding java classes on another subdirectory. It also contains other files and directories.

I might have understood it wrong, but I think the entirety of the WEB-INF folder is what 'data service' means. I think I need some instruction on how to proceed for build a data service.

I now want to build another application. I built my MySQL tables and java classes to retrieve info from the tables and to build my desired objects. However, I now do not know how to build the 'data service'.

I am trying to do some research centered around 'build data service' key-phrase, but I can't seem to find anything pleasing.

My questions, though, are:
are there maybe better key words to base my research on?
when building data services, do I go coding and creating directories one by one, or is there maybe a better way to do that?

thank you in advance.

Well actually, the "WEB-INF" means "don't let end users browse to this folder and download any files from it."

As for "data services," I might suggest...

• SOAP libraries
  • "Web Services"
  • possibly "restful web services"
  • possibly JSON format data (instead of SOAP)

There are a great many things that you could do.

thank you for your response. sounds like restful web services is something I'll need to look into. thank you again.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.