I want to learn basic web query vc++.I googled around and found that libcurl was the library needed.I have downloaded the necessary files from curl.haxx.se .I do not know how to use these files and make the actual header file and then actually include it in my project.

Any help would be greatly helpful.
Thanking you in advance.

Prasanna

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you google for libcurl you will have found links to example C code.

The first thing you have to do is compile the library. How to do that will depend on the operating system and compiler you are using. The download appears to only support VC++ 6.0 on MS-Windows. I tried to have VC++ 2010 convert the VC++ 6.0 *.dsw file but the conversion failed. When I get time I'm going to have to install VC++ 6.0 on my Windows 7 computer (I already have that compiler/IDE) to see what files are in the project and then create a VC++ 2010 project accordingly. But that may not happen for over a week due to other more pressing obligations I currently have. Hopefully someone else will have already made the conversion.

[edit]Here you can get pre-built libcurl library, one for cygwin and another version for generic.

If you google for libcurl you will have found links to example C code.

The first thing you have to do is compile the library. How to do that will depend on the operating system and compiler you are using. The download appears to only support VC++ 6.0 on MS-Windows. I tried to have VC++ 2010 convert the VC++ 6.0 *.dsw file but the conversion failed. When I get time I'm going to have to install VC++ 6.0 on my Windows 7 computer (I already have that compiler/IDE) to see what files are in the project and then create a VC++ 2010 project accordingly. But that may not happen for over a week due to other more pressing obligations I currently have. Hopefully someone else will have already made the conversion.

[edit]Here you can get pre-built libcurl library, one for cygwin and another version for generic.

hey,thanks a lot.I'll try precompiled library.BTW,is there any other i can obtain the source code of a website in vc++?

I don't know, but a good place to start searching is google.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.