shifting from vb.net to java gives me a hard time!.. I have a little background on java.. but not on Java + Database.. anyone can give me samples or tutorials? I started googling some but hell I can't understand it

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

no it's not to convert vb.net to java..
i just want to expand my programming knowledge :D and i know I need to learn java more

You can get many video tutorials in You .
Just search the internet.

or you could browse the Oracle website for their tutorials, they're bound to have the best tutorials for basic implementations and behaviour of java applications.

hmm.. just another thing.. what's better to use? MySQL , MSSQL or Access database?
people call me a programmer, but i think without the knowledge of java, i cannot be called a programmer hahaha!

aldeene
hmm.. just another thing.. what's better to use? MySQL , MSSQL or Access database?
people call me a programmer, but i think without the knowledge of java, i cannot be called a programmer hahaha!

You are right.
But java is not a programming language as I have read.It is a virtual machine.

You ca use My SQL.It seems to me much easyer to handle through Java then the ohers.
But you can use the other also.
As you wish......

I started Java programming with GUI now, it was good. but still can't grasp the syntax on my head.. I'm still stuck on vb.net haha! thanks anyway.. i'll try some of your suggestions..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.