Hi All,

I would like to know what is the Dev C++ by Bloodshed? In what way is this different from ordinary C++? I read somewhere that this is used to program Windows applications along with the C++ apps. So, is there any tutorial available on web to learn windows programming in Dev C++ or if prior knowledge of VC++ is needed? Can somebody plz help me with this as I am very much interested in windows programming?

Thanks n Bye.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

there are many tutorials available on the net...

you will get some ideas on this link....
http://www.daniweb.com/code/snippet86.html

It will be better and easier if you use C++.NET and for this u'll get the tutorials from A-Z from msdn's site

It's a port of the Linux C++ compiler to Win32, able to create Win32 console applications (and with addon libraries graphical applications as well most likely).

I would like to know what is the Dev C++ by Bloodshed? In what way is this different from ordinary C++? I read somewhere that this is used to program Windows applications along with the C++ apps. So, is there any tutorial available on web to learn windows programming in Dev C++ or if prior knowledge of VC++ is needed? Can somebody plz help me with this as I am very much interested in windows programming?

There is nog such thing as ordinary c++, because c++ is a language, not a specific program. Dev c++ is just another compiler such as MVSC++ and Borland..

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Dev c++ is just another compiler such as MVSC++ and Borland..

Dev c++ is not a compiler, it's an IDE ;)

I recommend turbo C :lol:

commented: Very Bad Suggestion +0

I would like to know what is the Dev C++ by Bloodshed?

http://www.bloodshed.net/devcpp.html

Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.

Features are :

- Support GCC-based compilers
- Integrated debugging (using GDB)
- Project Manager
- Customizable syntax highlighting editor
- Class Browser
- Code Completion
- Function listing
- Profiling support
- Quickly create Windows, console, static libraries and DLLs
- Support of templates for creating your own project types
- Makefile creation
- Edit and compile Resource files
- Tool Manager
- Print support
- Find and replace facilities
- CVS support

In what way is this different from ordinary C++?

The compiler used in Dev-C++ may have extensions to the base language itself, and nonstandard libraries may be available.

I read somewhere that this is used to program Windows applications along with the C++ apps.

It can create both Windows applications and console applications.

So, is there any tutorial available on web to learn windows programming in Dev C++ or if prior knowledge of VC++ is needed?

Winprog.net is probably a good place to start.

Dev c++ is not a compiler, it's an IDE ;)

Lol, you are right actually, i should pick my words more precisely around all these precise programmers ;)

Wow,
I am really happy with the bunch of replies for my query. I thank you all . I think the tutorial on winprog.net mught be helpful.

Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.

But i didnt understand what are these mingw and cygwin ports? if u mean that dev c++ is just an IDE for c++ , how it can compile n execute the programs without a compiler?

But i didnt understand what are these mingw and cygwin ports?

Those are the compiler.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.