Ok whow,

I dont even build my application initially with Visual Studio,

I create a folder, get my source files and header files (made seperately in VS2010) and create a .pro file... which I run the "qmake" command on...

This creates a .vcproj file comprizing all the source & header files I specified in the .pro file, which I then open and just hit 'F7' to get the sollution and other files,

Thus my .dll is not in the Visual Studio folder at all nor my QT libraries (separate installation)

this was achieved by installing QT and adding it to environmental variables, mixing it with windows in a sense

Let me make sure what I understand where your Qt header files are located:

I'm assuming if you're mixing Qt with Microsoft C++ (and especially CLR code), your include directories (in the environment) are set to the ones with VS2xxx in the path.

There are multiple Qt header directories.
Since I installed mine in the "C:\science" directory, the header files I used are in:
C:\science\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.8.0\msvc2010\include

In searching the entire structure, I found eight ( 8 ) qvector.h files. I'm just trying to make sure you're referencing the same one (or same flavor).

This is going over my head :(

I have never created a single application with CLR activated, as I mentioned before, it breaks my applications

My environmental variables contain both "C:\Qt\4.5.2\bin;" and

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\DTS\Binn\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Binn\VSShell\Common7\IDE\"

variables

I use a commercial QT full installation that mixes will for our windows applications and is also nice to use with Linux as some of the other developers are working on quite a few linux apps

For those interested I found a complete work around for my problem... I found that the library I was attempting to import was just a way to access the methods of the COM objects installed with the ERP... and that using the QAxBase class native to QT I would be able to access these COM objects without the library alltogether...

Found everything I needed in the OLE/COM viewer of windows 7 and http://qt-project.org/doc/qt-4.8/qaxbase.html

Thankyou for all the assistance everyone :)

commented: Persistence! +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.