Is this possible? I need to read the data from a stack (and a queue), but I need to maintain the stack (and queue) so they can be used later.

I have not found any useful information online. My only thought is loading the data into a parallel stack before I pop through the original stack while I write out the data.

Recommended Answers

If you are using std::stack, then there isn't any concept of iterators for std::stack, which makes sense.

As for your question, you can copy the stack content if needed. But it looks like you shouldn't be using stack in the first place?

Jump to Post

All 4 Replies

You should be able to use iterators.

If you are using std::stack, then there isn't any concept of iterators for std::stack, which makes sense.

As for your question, you can copy the stack content if needed. But it looks like you shouldn't be using stack in the first place?

I am using std::stack. I ended up copying the stack content. It is for an assignment. I think the point is to make us aware that this is a problem.

Thanks for confirming I would need to copy!

I am using std::stack. I ended up copying the stack content. It is for an assignment. I think the point is to make us aware that this is a problem.

Thanks for confirming I would need to copy!

ok, cool beans then

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.