I am currently learning Java, I am using a book Java how to program 8th edition by the deitel and deitel company, and I was wondering I was researching about java and I found these out, Core java and j2ee. what do I really need to learn in order for me to survive in the industry? what's the difference between core java and j2ee? is concurrency part of core java? . and what are the best books to learn these two? since I want to become a good when it comes to java

J2EE(Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition) defines the standard for developing component-based multitier enterprise applications. J2EE simplifies building enterprise applications . Head First series of books by Kathy Sierra are really good to get a good grip on the basic concepts.

J2EE(Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition) defines the standard for developing component-based multitier enterprise applications. J2EE simplifies building enterprise applications . Head First series of books by Kathy Sierra are really good to get a good grip on the basic concepts.

I've heard not so good reviews about the Head First series , any other suggestions?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.