Can someone help me with TASM? i need a simple shape like sun or anything that is not very basic but hard to do. please i need help. this is one of my gf's finals project requirement :(( please i really need help in this. (i dont know much about tasm and assembly at this time as i am just a first year college I.T student) and my gf is 2nd year I.T student. please help. i really need just one. :(( thanksss!

Recommended Answers

Um...what?

Jump to Post

What makes you think a half-assed solution by someone with no knowledge or experience on the subject will be acceptable in the first place?

Jump to Post

Why are you doing her work for her? That's terribly cruel.

Jump to Post

All 11 Replies

Um...what?

she needs a simple shape made out of assembly language. idk what it is, ive tried studying it but i dont get it :(

What makes you think a half-assed solution by someone with no knowledge or experience on the subject will be acceptable in the first place?

Hmm tell her to use this techniques, i think it is just a combination of cursor position and character display :) refer to the ascii table for her to see what symbol she can use to make that shape.
Trial and error method x]

she gave me a handout about it but i dont understand it. but she did said on her txt that its about drawing shapes in assembly?? idk this stuff. sir i need help her deadline is on Oct 13 pleasee sir i really need a helping hand on this. even a simple apple like round shape would do. please... im hoping for some help :((

Why are you doing her work for her? That's terribly cruel.

LOL, you already have the handouts in making shapes. I think that is somehow a little bit easy. why? because you already have the hints on how to make it x] just study how each line of codes work

all thats here is screen processing, macros arithmetic instructions. i dont see anything related to shapes. @.@ sorry if im dumb. but i really can refuse the offer. :( theres no one else she knows but me. (bot f* im dumber than her) pleasee help :(

assembly is just too high for my understanding. at first i thought it was easy so i said yes. i thought it was just some java .awt look i made effort with this but later found out that i wasnt doing anything good. its because theres no shape thingy on the handout. :(( http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/java/threads/386036 thats the thread

thanks! although hirap talagang intindihin nto. T-T

*thanks! although its very hard for me to understands this.*

is it me or its really the same as the .awt thingy? only that you have to run it in a different way??

*and how do i give this stuff a color?*

.MODEL SMALL
.STACK 200h
.DATA
x dw 1
y dw 0
color equ 1
l dw 100
.CODE
START:
xor AH,AH
mov AL,13h ;set screen mode
int 10h
mov DI,0a000h ;prepare vga segment
mov ES,DI
xor DI,DI
mov AX,320 ;pixel set
mul [y]
mov DI,AX
add DI,[x]
mov AL,COLOR
mov CX,[l] ;vertical line
yloop:
stosb
add DI,319
loop yloop
mov AX,0 ;wait for keypress
int 16h
mov AX,3h ;end prog
int 10h
mov AX,4c00h
int 21h
End Start

ok first is first, how do i run this?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.20 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.