Can any one say how to run a java program in Notepad. I have installed JDK 7 and Notepad++ also. But when I run a program in notepad it does not run. Actually I am a newer in notepad using. I have used Netbean IDE. But now I wish to use notepad++.
Please help me.
Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Try to follow this instructions

PS: Any specific reason not to use IDE like NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ?
PS: JCreator is another very simple Java IDE (used it my self back at university days before moving on NetBeans and IntelliJ)

Any specific reason not to use IDE like NetBeans, Eclipse, IntelliJ?

Yea, here is a reason also. Someone from this community said me that Netbean is a tool. I can not learn coding by yhis tool. He or she also use notepad. Some other person also said me that Netbean is for professional users. But I am a student.

There can be lot of discussion on professionally of NetBeans, but yes I think it should not be used by students in their early stages of learning.

PS: It would be good idea to close one the posts as you are running sort of in parallel same topic in two places.

JCreator is another very simple Java IDE (used it my self back at university days before moving on NetBeans and IntelliJ)

Does Ccreator work like Netbean IDE?

It would be good idea to close one the posts as you are running sort of in parallel same topic in two places.

Sorry ,I really do not understand.

Does Ccreator work like Netbean IDE?

Not exactly. NetBeans provides with number of project types that can create and manage for you, plus provide auto-suggestion, warning when does not recognize something and much more. JCreator is just enhanced notepad that does provide colour formatting for code and compiles+run application for you.

Sorry ,I really do not understand.

You are running another post here http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/java/threads/386893. Would be good to mark it as solved.

Even though the thread has been marked as solved I would suggest a good Editor for java which is Editplus .

Really simple to use and it does not automate too much ,keeping the learning Experience intact

it does not automate too much

What does it mean?

What does it mean?

It wouldn't have auto-completion, auto-suggestion and all the advance stuff as professional IDEs

It wouldn't have auto-completion, auto-suggestion and all the advance stuff as professional IDEs

Oh! yea I have got it.
Thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.