I am trying to connect to a sql database and read from a table to determine if a username is valid upon a user entering in theirs. To just give you a background of the program:

1. The user needs to enter in their username and ID number. I already have a way to check if the ID is correct.

2. The username needs to match one that is in the sql database within a table. If not then it will display an error message.

If someone could show me how to connect to the database correctly then that would be great because the code I have been using has not been showing the results I need.

Also how to check if the username is correct based on the database table.

Thanks!

Please use the forum search tool. I see this question asked multiple times a day. I'm sure at least one of them has been answered.

Please use the forum search tool. I see this question asked multiple times a day. I'm sure at least one of them has been answered.

I see it to but its for regular c#, I am doing this is asp.net code-behind so its coded a little differently.

I have been looking but I will continue to do so if no one can help me!

Thank you!

What are you doing, some kind of a login?

I login page is already made in vb.net. This page is an option that a user can select. It will have them input their username and id. I just need to check if that username is correct based on a sql database.

I see it to but its for regular c#, I am doing this is asp.net code-behind so its coded a little differently.

I have been looking but I will continue to do so if no one can help me!

Thank you!

As far as I'm aware, ASP.NET code-behind is C# and can be treated as such, also, there is an ASP.NET forum as well ;)

As far as the C# is concerned, you may want to look at using a webservice for your data access layer otherwise, depending on user load, you may find your site waiting for database connectivity as the number of concurrent connections approaches the limit.

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.