Consider the following selection statement where X is an integer test score between 0 and 100

Declare X as an integer

Write “Please enter a number between 0 and 100.”
Input X

If (0 <= X and X < 49)
Write "You fail"

Else If (50 <= X and X < 70)
Write "Your grade is" X
Write "You did OK"

Else If (70 <= X and X < 85)
Write "your grade is" X
Write "You did well"

Else If (85 <= X and X < 100)
Write "your grade is" X
Write "You did great"

Endif

Write "How did you do?"

1. What will be printed if the input is 0?
2. What will be printed if the input is 100?
3. What will be printed is the input is 51?
4. What will be printed if the user enters “Wingding”?
5. Is this design robust? If so, explain why. If not, explain what you can do to make it robust.
6. How many levels of nesting are there in this design?
7. Give a set of values that will test the normal operation of this program segment. Defend your choices.
Give a set of test values that test the abnormal operation of this program segment

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It seems like most of the work is already done. Make some attempt at the code, post it, and we'll give assistance if need be.

I a still confused, maybe I am looking too much into it, but I am so lost. Please someone help me.

I a still confused, maybe I am looking too much into it, but I am so lost. Please someone help me.

No what you mean to say is "Please someone do it for me."

Much more precise. (see i have already helped)

I LOL'd, frogboy. :)

New4lyfe, welcome to DaniWeb, and don't mind the sarcasm. Instead of telling us how lost you are, tell us what you -do- understand. Can you answer the first numbered question? The second? Instead of being overwhelmed (and panicking), try bite-sized pieces. Then when you actually get stuck, ask a meaningful question, with appropriate level of detail, such as: "I've got the first four answers, but I don't know what is meant by 'robust' in question 5. How is robustness defined in terms of algorithmic design?" Also, assume I'm similar to your course professor, and I'll know if you just copy and paste my example question back here. :)

I am not looking for someone to do it for me, I am looking for clarification on what to do. Frogboy, keep your comments to yourself, you do not know what I am looking for. If I wanted someone to do it for me, then I would specify. I am trying to learn this, not get bye. Please do not reply to me again. You obviously have issues. I am a student trying to learn and people like me are taking it very seriously.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.