Hi everyone. First time poster here :)

I'm working on my final project for a computing course at university, and I was wondering if anyone knew of a portable library or solution to changing console colours. I understand that such functions are OS specific (I'm working on Win32, but my prof is a Mac-grrl) and thus likely a giant headache for someone of my limited experience... but hey, it would be nice to try for bonus points.

Just curious.
TYIA.

I have run into this problem and I ended up just doing all coloring with easy to use ANSI colors which are supported on Linux/Mac, and on Windows I just run all my apps in Cygwin, which translates these ANSI commands into native Win32 API calls (at least I think that's how it does it). The advantage with using Cygwin is that it also gives you a unix compilation environment, so you can text if your is cross platform compatible (although some of my code compiles in gcc on Mac but not in gcc on Windows :/)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.