Very new to C# and this forum. I'm not asking anyone to do this for me, but some hints would be very much appreciated.

Assignment states that you retire at age 65 and deposit the same amount of money each year from the time you are 20 years old. Your 401K balance (past balance plus contribution) earns 5% at the end of each year. Your retirement income will be the 5% fixed interest on a $2,000,000 nest egg.

Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I don't see the problem good sir? It's an assignment for you that requires thinking, what do you want exactly?

If you want to learn to program in C#, try to use csharp-station.com or google "learn csharp".

Best of luck.

Well, you'll need a counter that counts (loops) from 20 to 65 so you can add the deposits and compound the interest.
...then print the result.

I assume this will be a C# Console Application with the values shown using Console.WriteLine(); ( ? )

Well, you'll need a counter that counts (loops) from 20 to 65 so you can add the deposits and compound the interest.
...then print the result.

I assume this will be a C# Console Application with the values shown using Console.WriteLine(); ( ? )

Thank you! That was the kind of help I was looking for. You are correct it is a console application

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.