Hello (Dunno if this is the right forum)

But basically, I've been given some text to decrypt. I've got to do it using frequency analysis. Here's what I've done:

1. Got a frequency analysis of the text: Showing how many times a letter appears.
2. Got a frequency analysis of the alphabet.
3. Compared the values (e.g. if A = 10 then replace it with the letter of the alphabet that has the highest frequency)

But it doesn't seem to be working, just prints out like:

CPLBP GRPVP CUUCCPRG RRPCLGLXURRCV YCV C BRGDCP LB PBRCPRGLX URCGLCRCL RRGPRG, GRLDGR RGV RLUCPVVRLRRVGRC PVPCDGRLR BLCPCCP C BPCX CLPCC RCPC LB RGV RCGDCP. RG VPPLPC GL PP C VLCG LB LLRVGPC, LC VXLPLL CPUCPVPRGRRG C LLRVGPC, LB CBLCL YRRCR LRLX C CRVPCVPC BCRCX CLDLC CLRCPRBP. RB R VCX GRCG LX VLLPYRCG PVGCCBCGCRG RLCGRRCGRLR XRPLCPC  VRLDLGCRPLDV URCGDCPV LB CR LCGLUDV, C CCCGLR, CRC C RDLCR CCCRCCGDCP, R VRCLL RLG PP DRBCRGRBDL GL GRP VURCRG LB GRP GRRRG. C UDLUX, GPRGCCLPC RPCC VDCLLDRGPC C GCLGPVJDP CRC VCCLX PLCX YRGR CDCRLPRGCCX YRRGV, PDG RG YCV GRPGPRPCCL LDGLRRP LB GRP YRLLP YRRCR LCCP RG LLVG VRLCXRRGLX BCRGRGBDL.

Anyone know where I'm going wrong? It's text frequency as well.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

where is the C++ code?

>> Compared the values (e.g. if A = 10 then replace it with the letter of the alphabet that has the highest frequency

Huh?? The English alphabet does not have a frequency other than 1, e.g. ABCD...

I think he is referring to this.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.