Hi again...
I have been working on a small webbrowser application, and am having trouble with my Favorites bar script.
So far I have

Public Class frm_Main
    Public Function NewFav(ByVal Name As String, ByVal URL As Uri)
        Dim twoToolStripMenuItem As ToolStripMenuItem = New ToolStripMenuItem(Name)
        AddHandler twoToolStripMenuItem.Click, AddressOf Me.twoToolStripMenuItem_Click

Me.FavoritesToolStripMenuItem.DropDownItems.Add(twoToolStripMenuItem)
    End Function
    Private Sub twoToolStripMenuItem_Click(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As EventArgs)
        'd3rp
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_AddFav_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_AddFav.Click
        frm_NewFav.Show()
        frm_NewFav.tbx_URL.Text = wbb_Internet.Url.ToString()
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_WebBack_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_WebBack.Click
        wbb_Internet.GoBack()
        tbx_Address.Text = wbb_Internet.Url.ToString()
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_WebFwd_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_WebFwd.Click
        wbb_Internet.GoForward()
        tbx_Address.Text = wbb_Internet.Url.ToString()
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_WebGo_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_WebGo.Click
        wbb_Internet.Navigate(New Uri(tbx_Address.Text))
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_WebStop_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_WebStop.Click
        wbb_Internet.Stop()
    End Sub
    Private Sub wbb_Internet_Navigated(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.WebBrowserNavigatedEventArgs) Handles wbb_Internet.Navigated
        tbx_Address.Text = wbb_Internet.Url.ToString
    End Sub
End Class

Public Class frm_NewFav
    Private Sub btn_Cancel_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_Cancel.Click
        Me.Close()
    End Sub
    Private Sub btn_Create_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btn_Create.Click
        Dim name As String = tbx_Name.Text
        Dim URL As New Uri(tbx_URL.Text)
        frm_Main.NewFav(name, URL)
    End Sub
    Private Sub frm_NewFav_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        tbx_URL.Text = frm_Main.wbb_Internet.Url.ToString
    End Sub
    Private Sub FavoriteAct()
        frm_Main.wbb_Internet.Navigate(New Uri(tbx_URL.Text))
    End Sub
End Class

But this is no working the way I need it to. My plan is that when a user opens the browser, and clicks on the Add Favorite button (btn_AddFav) the application opens a new window that asks for the name of the favorite and shows the current URL, which can be changed. Then, the application when you press create, (should) adds a new item in the MenuBar (MenuStrip1) under the favorites tab (FavoritesToolStripMenuItem). I have that part down. My problem is figuring out how I can make a generic hanler creation event so I can have new favorites create their own programming. So far, I have

Public Function NewFav(ByVal Name As String, ByVal URL As Uri)
        Dim twoToolStripMenuItem As ToolStripMenuItem = New ToolStripMenuItem(Name)
        AddHandler twoToolStripMenuItem.Click, AddressOf Me.twoToolStripMenuItem_Click

Me.FavoritesToolStripMenuItem.DropDownItems.Add(twoToolStripMenuItem)
    End Function

which pulls the Name and URL from the NewFav form. It does add the Handler, but I don't think it is going to be able to make as many favorites as the user could want, so I could use a little help. My objective is to get a version of AddHandler to be able to create Subs that would tell the webbrowser (wbb_Internet) to go to a specific URL.

Thanks in advance!

Also, I do know that my Function NewFav is incomplete, and I do know that AddHandler cannot create a sub. NewFav is incomplete because I can't think of a way to fix it, and I am looking for a method to have one of the Subs\Functions create another Sub with the script pre-written. THEN have AddHandler link to it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.