I have to complete a project about employees and their jobs. Here are the requirements:

1 Must be able to add new employees
2 Must be able to add new jobs
3 Must be able to attach a registered employee to registered jobs (several jobs to the same employee)

Since I'm new to the world of classes in Java, can someone guide me towards what would be the best method to implement this (in terms of maintainability i.e. if more jobs need to be added to each employee) and which classes/methods would be good to have along with how to implement them.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

I forgot to add these...

4 Must be able to display all jobs
5 Must be able to display all employees
6 Must be able to display all jobs an employee is attached to by entering his/her name
7 Must be able to display all employees that are attached to a job by entering the job's name

Ahemm

Member Avatar for hfx642

Your first 3 points (or requirements) will require files and classes to access the files.
#4 will be a method in class #1
#5 will be a method in class #2
#6 & #7 will be methods in class #3, which will access methods in classes #1 & #2

imho, the best method would be to go over the basics of Object Oriented design in Java, you may want to take a look at the sticky thread on top of the Java forum.

you may want to start by giving us a list of what classes you think you'll need and how you think they should be linked.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.