im not taking about adding resources in run time im talking about design time
its like adding image to picturebox using image property . image property let u choose a image from ur file system . soon as u select one it adds that image to the resource . i want that kinda functionality .
Steps on VS2010:
1)Select your project
2)Right click and select the option Add
3)Select the option Existing Item
4)On the lower right corner Select the option All Files (*.*)
5)Using the left pane, nevigate to the place where the image or icon is located
6)On the right pane, select the image you want to include and click on the Add button located in the lower right corner.
7)The image is copied into the source folder of your project.
8)On the Solution Explorer select the image and right click. Select the Properties option.
9)On the properties pane, find the Build Action. Change it to Embedded Resource.
10) Save your project
1) Select your project.
2) On the VS2010 Menu, select Project, then the las one (yourprojectname properties)
3) Select the resources tab
4) On the top of this form, Click on Add Resource
5) Select the Add existing file
6) Continue with the steeps 4 to 7 of method A)
7) Select the image in the Resources tab, and see the properties pane
8) Find the persistance option and change it to Embedded in .resx
9) Save your project.