my objective is to implement an Java to HTML syntax highlighter. The program should
works like this
1) It reads in any .java source code file
2) It parses the file for keywords, strings, numbers, etc.
3) It outputs HTML markup of the source code
4) When you open the resulting HTML in the browser, it is Java with all of the syntax
so i get basic idea what am i supposed to do basically highlight primitive words to html but i have some questions
1. how do i scan each word of a file
-i am thinking of scanning each word at time to see if it is primitive and if it is highlight it
2. if a word is in "" how do highlight the word inside the "".
3. can anyone lay our a structure for me please so i can have a small understanding thanks