I have to open a dialog box to browse file and to get the file path..Similarly a location to save a file. both these tasks need to done in the CLient machine ,because its a web application hosted in the server. I tried using JNLP.Its opening in the server itself and not in the client machine....
Can you please help me in achieving. In case there are other methods that could do this, please suggest.

Thanks in advance....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

well ... never having tried anything like this, I'm not sure this is possible without having a client of the application.
afaik, the server doesn't know anything about who's calling it's methods or using it's classes.

it's like having a servlet application showing a JOptionPane dialog: it will be shown, but on the server, since that's where the code is ran. so, if you launch a FileChooser (or similar) with the order to show the file tree, it 'll show the file tree of where the code runs (being the server).

Thanks for the interest....
Struts File Upload works fine ... The problem there is,the dialog box has the name "Open".We are able to choose file and the file path of the client machine...If the open can be edited as "Save", work will get completed.......
Any idea on this????

Thanks in advance..

what 'open' do you want to edit to 'save'?
I was under the impression the FileUpload could easily be implemented in a webpage, over which you have complete control, and thus can set every aspect, including the title.

Ya...That was my assumption too... But still am exploring the way to edit things in it.. But the drawback is the file size limitation..My file size will be around 10GB.

Thanks in advance....

when Googling 'struts fileupload', this is the first result. looked at that yet?

ehm .. 10GB? I'm not sure if there are size limitations, but I'm pretty sure this 'll block your fileupload screen quite some time.

Yeah same thing i implemented. but it works fine for sample upload examples... I am in the process of testing it for my file(10GB).But the other one(Save) is not achievable...
Thanks for your interest......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.