where i can but the servlet APIs ? to compile java class from bat file

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I have ... no idea what you are talking about

what do you want your servlets to do? are you entirely sure it's servlets you're looking for? if you are looking for a way to compile java files you don't need servlets.

I have ... no idea what you are talking about

what do you want your servlets to do? are you entirely sure it's servlets you're looking for? if you are looking for a way to compile java files you don't need servlets.

i have a java class extend Httpservlet when i'm where i can but the servlet APIs to compile it

> i have a java class extend Httpservlet when i'm where i can but the servlet APIs to compile it

If you have a servlet container like Tomcat/Jetty, you should be able to find these dependent JAR files (i.e. jar files part of servlet specification) somewhere in the Tomcat/Jetty directory (e.g. lib directory). Search for the servlet-api.jar file.

do you have trouble compiling it, running it? why do you think you need something besides the jdk to compile your servlets?
you will need a webserver to run your application, though. what have you got and what problem are you having. if you're getting error messages, just copy paste them here.

EDIT: beaten to it and with a better explanation, just read the one above

> i have a java class extend Httpservlet when i'm where i can but the servlet APIs to compile it

If you have a servlet container like Tomcat/Jetty, you should be able to find these dependent JAR files (i.e. jar files part of servlet specification) somewhere in the Tomcat/Jetty directory (e.g. lib directory). Search for the servlet-api.jar file.

yes i found it and but it in jsk lib's but when i compile , that's error all imports of httpServlet does not existed

how is your setup of your environment, project, classpath, ...?
I think you're not really setting it all up the right way.
~s.o.s~ knows very well what he's talking about. There are tons of books who help you out on all of this, and even more tutorials to be found online.
have you tried any of those yet?

> yes i found it and but it in jsk lib's but when i compile , that's error all imports of httpServlet does not existed

OK, you need to tell us:
* The location of the servlet api related JAR on your machine
* The command you are issuing on the shell to compile your servlet
* The exact error messages you are getting

how is your setup of your environment, project, classpath, ...?
I think you're not really setting it all up the right way.
~s.o.s~ knows very well what he's talking about. There are tons of books who help you out on all of this, and even more tutorials to be found online.
have you tried any of those yet?

no I'm setting up tomcat and use it for servlet and jsp before but that's from along time and i forget every thing

i will search in tutorials again

thank you for help :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.