I've googled a bit and managed to find a few articles on how to add controls from within a running application, but neither seem to explain it in a way that suits my needs. I wonder if anybody can help me understand how I can go about this, or direct me to a resource that will do the same.

I'm writing a recipe book application, and as part of the process of adding/editing a recipe, I want to be able to let the user add or remove ingredients from a list. Obviously, there's no way to know how many ingredients will be in any given recipe, so I cannot add that many textboxes beforehand.

I want to have a textbox with a +/- button to the right of it like you see on many websites, so that when the user clicks the +, it will make a new control below it, and if they click the -, then it will delete that control. Also, while it may be a slightly different topic, I'd also like to know how I can let the user re-arrange the textboxes so they display accordingly on a printout.

6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by agent154

I've decided that I'm going to use the datagridview control, as it seems to best suit my needs.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.