Alright, I decided to try ClanLib. I've been reluctant to use it, because it requires Visual C++, which is foreign to me. I usually use Code::Blocks.
Anyway, I'm trying to get the hang of VC++. It seems to have a lot of features I haven't dealt with, like solutions.
To start off with, I decided to write a "Hello World!" program. I created a new "Empty Project", then clicked Add > New Item. HelloWorld!.cpp was born.
Inside HelloWorld!.cpp, I wrote this code EXACTLY:

#include <iostream>

int main()
{
	std::cout << "Hello world!\n";
}

Now, when I pressed F7 (build) and then F5 (debug), it showed in the output bar the following:

'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Users\Justin\Documents\C++ Projects\VC++ Test 2\Debug\VC++ Test 2.exe', Symbols loaded.
'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcp100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
'VC++ Test 2.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100d.dll', Symbols loaded.
The program '[6412] VC++ Test 2.exe: Native' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Can anyone tell me what I should do to fix this error? (And maybe give some tips about VC++:))

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Try this.

1) Close Visual studio.
2) Right click the visual studio desktop icon
3) Select 'run as administrator'
4) Then try to re-run the program

ntdll.dll etc. are system library files; the PDB files for these are required only if you want to debug system library function calls. You can safely ignore these warnings.

You might want to add a line so that the program would wait for an input at the end:

int main()
{
	std::cout << "Hello world!\n";
        std::cin.get() ;
}

Ah, thank you. Looks like I could have just avoided the whole thing if I had included cin.get(); .

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.