i want to make random numbers for x[row][col] that row =10 and col =10, but my problem is: how i fix random numbers of n[col]=5;

here is my code:

public static void main(String[] args){

double[][] x= new double[10][10];
        int row,col;
        int n[]={0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0};

for(row=0; row<10; row++ ){
            for(col=0; col<10; col++){
               if( n[col]==5){
                x[row][col]= (double) (Math.random());
                System.out.println("x[" + row + "][" + col + "] = "  x[row][col]); 
               }       
            }
        }
}
Re: How to generate fix random numbers with 2d array in java? 80 80

Why do you need array "n" in the first place?

Can't you assign numbers to the 2d array without it

Agree.You don't need the if statement.
Also , your if statement is never evaluating to true

Why do you need array "n" in the first place?

Can't you assign numbers to the 2d array without it

i don't know how do i do it, my popsoe is x[row][col] is the score that teacher evaluated students, and i want to generate random score to students but each student should had evluated only 5 teacher so i use n[col]=5. pls help me!!!!!!

km2011, if i understand there should be 10 students with 5 scores each correct?

in this case you would not need 10 columns , also for your "for" statements you probably dont want to hardcode the upper limits, you should go untill "x.lenght" and "x[row].length" instead.

as for your populating to work DJSAN was right, drop the if statement.

each student should had evluated only 5 teacher so i use n[col]=5.

What I understand by this is that you want every student should be evaluated only 5 times.Is this the case? If so , take a counter and increment it after each evaluation. Your if statement will now check if the counter <= 5, only then evaluation will be done. Also don't forget to reset the counter i.e. counter=0 for every new student evaluation. Let me know if I have misinterpreted your problem as I am not quite able to understand what you exactly want to do.

What I understand by this is that you want every student should be evaluated only 5 times.Is this the case? If so , take a counter and increment it after each evaluation. Your if statement will now check if the counter <= 5, only then evaluation will be done. Also don't forget to reset the counter i.e. counter=0 for every new student evaluation. Let me know if I have misinterpreted your problem as I am not quite able to understand what you exactly want to do.

Thanks for all answers. i'll try it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of 1.19 million developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.