Hello guys,

I've newly joined this forum since I want to enhance my knowledge in Programming specially in Visual Basic.

So for the important part, right now I'm planning on creating a word detector somehow and there are specific rules I was to set in the textbox in relation with the button.
Let's say I wanna set an IF Statement for the text to have 32 characters and letters "abcdefg" and numbers "12345" so that it'll execute a message box when I press the button.

Here's a code example of what I'm saying

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        If TextBox1.Text.Length.Equals(32) Then
            MessageBox.Show("You word has 32 Characters")
        End If
    End Sub

As you can see, I've set a rule that a message box will pop up if the word has 32 characters.
But I need to set another rule at the same time in which the word will have only letters "abcdefg" and numbers "12345"

Any ideas?
Help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance
zerofreak@live.com

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Actually this section for VB 4/5/6, and your code is for VB.Net Section.
For your question.
I suggest to trap any character except "abcdefg" and "12345" when user type it on textbox. So user only can input "abcdefg" or "12345".

Thanks for the reply, gonna post a thread like this in the VB.Net section

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.