Hello guys,

I've newly joined this forum since I want to enhance my knowledge in Programming specially in Visual Basic.

So for the important part, right now I'm planning on creating a word detector somehow and there are specific rules I was to set in the textbox in relation with the button.
Let's say I wanna set an IF Statement for the text to have 32 characters and letters "abcdefg" and numbers "12345" so that it'll execute a message box when I press the button.

Here's a code example of what I'm saying

Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click
        If TextBox1.Text.Length.Equals(32) Then
            MessageBox.Show("You word has 32 Characters")
        End If
    End Sub

As you can see, I've set a rule that a message box will pop up if the word has 32 characters.
But I need to set another rule at the same time in which the word will have only letters "abcdefg" and numbers "12345"

Any ideas?
Help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance

6 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by zerofreak

Actually this section for VB 4/5/6, and your code is for VB.Net Section.
For your question.
I suggest to trap any character except "abcdefg" and "12345" when user type it on textbox. So user only can input "abcdefg" or "12345".

Thanks for the reply, gonna post a thread like this in the VB.Net section

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.