I feel that this may have wandered a little bit off what I am trying to do, essentialy I'm simply trying to add records into a database ms (2003) using textboxes in visual basic.

Anyone know anything simple?

Thanks

ok. i hope it is not too late. this is what i have done in my school project and so far it is working good. here is the code.

Try

Dim newRow As DataRow = DataSet1.Tables("Database_Table").NewRow()

'Code for specifying the fields to be entered into the database

newStudentsRow("Table_Field1") = TextBox1.Text
            newStudentsRow("Table_Field2") = TextBox2.Text

'Code for adding a new row in the database

Me.DataSet1.Tables("Table_Field1").Rows.Add(newRow)

'Code for saving the entered details to the database
            Me.Database_TableTableAdapter.Update(Me.DataSet1.Database_Table)

'close_connection()

MsgBox("Record Successfully Saved", MsgBoxStyle.Information)

Catch ex As Exception

MsgBox("Error saving record", MsgBoxStyle.Exclamation)
        End Try

End Sub 

if you have any question regarding this. Send me a message..........

what is the error in following:

sql = " INSERT INTO Minute_Sheet (Sr_No,Site_Name,Initiating_Branch,Subject,Est_Amount,Installation_Address,Remarks,Work_Order_No,Contractor,To_APEME,By_APEME,To_DM,By_DM,To_STEC,By_STEC,To_ADHA,By_ADHA) Values(" & txtSrNumber.Text & ",'" & txtSiteName.Text & "','" & txtIniBranch.Text & "','" & txtSubject.Text & "'," & txtEstAmount.Text & ",'" & txtInstalladdress.Text & "','" & txtRemarks.Text & "'," & txtWorkOrderNumber.Text & ",'" & txtContractor.Text & "',#" & txtToAPEME.Text & "#,#" & txtByAPEME.Text & "#,#" & txtToDM.Text & "#,#" & txtByDM.Text & "#,#" & txtToSTEC.Text & "#,#" & txtBySTEC.Text & "#,#" & txtToADHA.Text & "#,#" & txtByADHA.Text & "#)"

Hello and welcome to the forum.
Please don't hijack old threds and use code button when you are posting code.

Start a new thread with your question and I'm sure somebody will help you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.