I have an application and an sql server
i would like to add Registration Code for the system.
that should include the number of user

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You can simply generate unique random numbers and add concatenate the generated number with the user number.

You can simply generate unique random numbers and add concatenate the generated number with the user number.

Netcode how do i do that... can u explain it a lil more in details
thanks

Here's a little procedure to help with the generation of random number:

Sub GenerateRandomNumber()
        '/*Create random number string 
        Dim randomvalue As New Random   'create random object
        Dim randomhold As Integer

'generate random number combined with initials obtained 
        For i As Integer = 0 To 9999
            randomhold = randomvalue.Next(1, 9999)
            IDTextBox.Text = randomhold & DateTime.Now.Second & DateTime.Now.Minute & DateTime.Now.Year
        Next

'End random number generation*/
    End Sub

Note: i just added the date and time values to make things more unique but you can do without them. The system would get the second, minute and year at the time of processing and concatenate it with the random number value generated.

Am I right to assume that by Product Registration Code you mean a code that the user will have to enter in order to verify that he is a legitimate user with a purchased copy?

Building something like this in .Net is useless. Anybody with basic programming knowledge can "decompile" your program, see your verification and calculate your code manually.

If you are really serious about this, then you've got to build it as a DLL in a not .Net language, compile it and use it in your program (in several functions,subs,forms).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.