I have a form created in VB.net. It is used to get some information form a user. The form is not bound to any data source.

A combobox on this form is used to enter a cost. I want the value entered by the user to be displayed using currency format. I have used the Format String Dialog that opens from the ellipses button on the FormatString property of the combobox and selected Currency. This put C2 into the FormatString property.

When I run my application, this format is not applied to the value entered into the combobox at the time the number is entered or when I leave the combobox.

What am I missing?

I have a form created in VB.net. It is used to get some information form a user. The form is not bound to any data source.

A combobox on this form is used to enter a cost. I want the value entered by the user to be displayed using currency format. I have used the Format String Dialog that opens from the ellipses button on the FormatString property of the combobox and selected Currency. This put C2 into the FormatString property.

When I run my application, this format is not applied to the value entered into the combobox at the time the number is entered or when I leave the combobox.

What am I missing?

I should have also stated that FormattingEnabled is set to True.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.