Hey there.
How do i stop this damn computer form automatically filling in my second Qoute when i make the first one " and then i have to press space for there just to appear one.
It messes me around sooo badly with my programming.
it does that wiht quotes, with brackets anything.
I take it its a Netbeans setting.. since it doestn do it on note pad....
Any one know where to change that setting>?
Thanx

Contributors
Replies
Views
5 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Mr.BunyRabit
Featured Replies
  • [QUOTE=cOrRuPtG3n3t!x;1739769]Oh i see, and yeah as i said, i couldnt find anywhere to turn off the quotations... but check the links i gave for clarity and closure :)[/QUOTE] Uhm you know, i just turned off the:"Insert Closing Brackets Automatically" and my netbeans has stopped adding the ' " ' for … Read More

Hey there.
How do i stop this damn computer form automatically filling in my second Qoute when i make the first one " and then i have to press space for there just to appear one.
It messes me around sooo badly with my programming.
it does that wiht quotes, with brackets anything.
I take it its a Netbeans setting.. since it doestn do it on note pad....
Any one know where to change that setting>?
Thanx

lol here we go:Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion. Now you can turn off the brackets thing :), however I'm not to sure if this will disable the netbeans quotation thing see here:http://forums.netbeans.org/topic11266.html and here:http://forums.netbeans.org/topic13902.html&highlight= . But to be honest i dont know why you'd want to, netbeans has one of the better code completion apps, and i find it extremely useful, and it assures you will never miss a bracket again. but each to his own i guess?

Edited by DavidKroukamp: n/a

lol here we go:Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion. Now you can turn off the brackets thing :)

haha omg, didt see the tabs, only saw the big shiny buttons with the nice pictures on:pretty:
haha thanx man

haha omg, didt see the tabs, only saw the big shiny buttons with the nice pictures on:pretty:
haha thanx man

Hahaha not a problem Mr.BunyRabit:)

lol here we go:Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion. Now you can turn off the brackets thing :), however I'm not to sure if this will disable the netbeans quotation thing see here:http://forums.netbeans.org/topic11266.html and here:http://forums.netbeans.org/topic13902.html&highlight= . But to be honest i dont know why you'd want to, netbeans has one of the better code completion apps, and i find it extremely useful, and it assures you will never miss a bracket again. but each to his own i guess?

agh, yea it didnt turn it off though. ill check out those links thanx.
no the brackets i love, its the Freaking Quotes i hate!
Coz thers some letters that when you press the qoute once to start typing now (cos its gona add the closing qoute for you) it turns that character into a special character like ê or something. And thattttt pisses me off so badly! then i have to backspace everything i typed in that time.

agh, yea it didnt turn it off though. ill check out those links thanx.
no the brackets i love, its the Freaking Quotes i hate!
Coz thers some letters that when you press the qoute once to start typing now (cos its gona add the closing qoute for you) it turns that character into a special character like ê or something. And thattttt pisses me off so badly! then i have to backspace everything i typed in that time.

Oh i see, and yeah as i said, i couldnt find anywhere to turn off the quotations...

Oh i see, and yeah as i said, i couldnt find anywhere to turn off the quotations... but check the links i gave for clarity and closure :)

Uhm you know, i just turned off the:"Insert Closing Brackets Automatically" and my netbeans has stopped adding the ' " ' for me...

ahhhhhhh THERE you go, You know there where you took me: :Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion
you should go further
:Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion->language->java->complete selectors for java
and then just remove or add that wich you want to autocomplete!
Ausm, thanx guys!

ahhhhhhh THERE you go, You know there where you took me: :Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion
you should go further
:Tools->Options->Editior->Code Completion->language->java->complete selectors for java
and then just remove or add that wich you want to autocomplete!
Ausm, thanx guys!

Great man although i check there and mine has no ' " ' mine is just:' .,;:[(+-= ' so i didnt think it would make a difference, did your have the quotation in it?

nope false alarm. Omg, is it THAT diffucult to turn that off in netbeans... geeeeeze, why netbeans, why!?

nope false alarm. Omg, is it THAT diffucult to turn that off in netbeans... geeeeeze, why netbeans, why!?

lol, hey did you try what my previous previous post said: "Uhm you know, i just turned off the:"Insert Closing Brackets Automatically" and my netbeans has stopped adding the ' " ' for me..." because its working for me...

lol, hey did you try what my previous previous post said: "Uhm you know, i just turned off the:"Insert Closing Brackets Automatically" and my netbeans has stopped adding the ' " ' for me..." because its working for me...

haha, yea i did. so you must have some other ausm setting thats turned off somewhere
uhm..... I kinda tried typing in word just now... and its kinda doing the same thing :yawn:
It doesnt auto complete it though, but when i press for one ' " ',nothing shows, and only when i press it again, does two damn qoutes appear... what hell of a setting is that?!

haha, yea i did. so you must have some other ausm setting thats turned off somewhere
uhm..... I kinda tried typing in word just now... and its kinda doing the same thing :yawn:
It doesnt auto complete it though, but when i press for one ' " ',nothing shows, and only when i press it again, does two damn qoutes appear... what hell of a setting is that?!

hahaha sorry man i had to laugh netbeans got a few bugs... well its working for me and my nb build is:NetBeans IDE 7.0 (Build 201104080000). so i dont know... sorry man hope your NB comes right or someone who 'knows how to do' it replies

hahaha sorry man i had to laugh netbeans got a few bugs... well its working for me and my nb build is:NetBeans IDE 7.0 (Build 201104080000). so i dont know... sorry man hope your NB comes right or someone who 'knows how to do' it replies

haha thanx man. And hey i think you were right. That tip you have me of turning off the automatic brackets.. It worsk. Looks like i just had to refresh my pages. like open new forms, cos on the old forms it still did the same.
Sooo Bottom line is its Gone! thank you Sir! :)

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.