I am a beginner to computer graphics and I have to add animations to the image of my national flag which look like this.

I have designed the flag alright.But I don't know what kinds of animations are possible and how.
Could someone please guide me how to add animations like fluttering and which functions/methods I should use to achieve them.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Also I am not looking/asking for complete code I am looking for pointers and guidance and any specific information that could be useful to me in this task .

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

the image of my national flag which look like this.

was there supposed to be a link at the 'this'? ANSI C does not support graphics, maybe use the win32 API (tutorial here) or OpenGL (tutorial here).

graphics.h is not part of c or c++ standards, so very few compilers support it. On MS-Windows the only compilers I know about that use it are Turbo C, which is ancient and obsolete. If you want graphics on modern operating systems then you need to learn modern compilers. Turbo C is nice to use for just your own programming enjoyment, but don't expect anyone else in the world to use it.

If you want to create a program in C or C++ with graphics, you should first switch to a modern IDE (like Code::Blocks or Visual C++). From there, you should learn how to a library like OpenGL, SDL, DirectX, or something similar.

This sounds suspiciously like the problem Gourav1 posted last week. I provided an answer that should satisfy.

See his post here:
http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/c/threads/407089/1737797#post1737797

See my response here:
http://www.daniweb.com/software-development/c/threads/407089/1738493#post1738493

Gourav1's question was directed at text animation. However, a graphical solution could easily be adapted.
When drawing your image, draw by columns, and offset each column by a rotating value in an array.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.