I dont have any code to show you here . i would like to know that how a java application enabled to read information from an electronic id card (via a device which reads it)or to read information from a barcoded id card. Please show me a way to do it. Thanks in advance buddies.....

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

is this what you're looking for?

is this what you're looking for?

Thanks a lot. it gave me some ideas about it. i downloaded the barcode sdk. Thanks a lot.do you have information about electronic id cards and how to process them?

actually, yes. I know there is a package out there that can be used for the Belgian eID cards, don't know if it works on others as well: eidlib

actually, yes. I know there is a package out there that can be used for the Belgian eID cards, don't know if it works on others as well: eidlib

thank you very much. When i read about eIDs , i came to know that there were different kinds of them. Do you mean each of them would need different packages or sdks? . It would be better if there is a common package for all of its types.

that would be better, but I know the Belgian governement provides an sdk for the belgian cards, the one I linked to above is an opensource one, that I've used before.

I think there are differences in the structure of the data on the cards, which makes it pretty hard to create one universal package, but it's possible there is one, or that one is being built.

that would be better, but I know the Belgian governement provides an sdk for the belgian cards, the one I linked to above is an opensource one, that I've used before.

I think there are differences in the structure of the data on the cards, which makes it pretty hard to create one universal package, but it's possible there is one, or that one is being built.

Oh My , i think its very difficult job to do this in my project. i would like to explain it to you. It is attendance system where school students use these cards to register their arrival and they can use eIDs for other applications within their campus. During project submission, i planed to show a demo with a kit contains one or two eIDs and a device that reads/writes the eIDs . I have to make it work with my java application. I also mailed to some companies selling these eIDs and reader etc. to locate the seller from whom i have to buy them.

Main thing in this project is processing the input given using eIDs or ID with Magnetic strips or card with barcode . If this is not done , i think my project would lost its uniqueness .

What would you suggest me,please?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.