hi,
I want to make an application in java to visualize on graphic the network (the name and addresses of local servers of the company ... for example) using the tracert command, if any one can enlighten me that idea, because Internet is a wide world.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I recomend you to use GraphViz, it is a really simple to use graph toolkit I used it to represent codeblocks withing thre address code in order to run some optimizations.

then you run the tracert like:

Process p;
p =Runtime.getRuntime().exec("tracert <options>");
readResult(p.getInputStream());
p.destroy();

where readResult is where you handle the inputstream and draw the graph by parsing the results.

Hope it helps

thanks a lot RicardoE ^_^

hi,
I want to make an application in java to visualize on graphic the network (the name and addresses of local servers of the company ... for example) using the tracert command, if any one can enlighten me that idea, because Internet is a wide world.

Suggest look at www.codimatech.com they are visulizing networks you may even want to contact the developers in that company as they have spent 10 years+ on your subject

thanks a lot cmattsson :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.