Hi Pros!
I've started a project called grina ( code name) which is web browser program fro people to view web pages using C++ with Qt based on the QtWebKit module. The fact is that, i know a little about the web browser system, that it acts like a compliers for presenting the codes dumped by the server as requested by the user!

i would like to share the ideal knowledge of a browser as i want to develop it from scratch! any one can give me a clue on what should i start to build for that browser to fully functional!...

I'm also developing a web browser.
What I have now is just URL input and website display.
I started by making a Win32 Console App if that helps

In my personal opinion, instead of worrying about creating a user interface, you should first work on the networking aspect of the application. In order to do this you will need to familiarize yourself with some kind of sockets API (like WinSock2 if you are on a Windows System), as well as with the HTTP and the associated RFCs etc.

Focus on networking code before anything else, you can make a fancy user interface later but for now I think you should ensure your browser can connect to a specified server, and request a document over the HTTP.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project, if you need any more help with networking use google to find a tutorial, there are some really good ones out there.
$witch3d

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.