Hello All,

I have starting using Visual Studio Pro 2010 and I understand the very basics in programming. Currently I am trying to create a login system where users enter their usernames and passwords.

I have been experimenting with trying to link Access database to MySQL but im having no joy. I have created a query which works but I dont know how I can link the query into the login form. According to some other forums this cannot be done in 2010?

I want to create some sort of database where I can have a record of all users that can log in. I want to be able to edit or delete users from logging in. ( I spent about 2 hours yesterday night only to start from scratch again )

Does anyone have a link to a website which can guide me or if someone can post up the process. Programming noob so may need to be a simplified guide.

Many Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

You don't link the database itself, but a library of functions. There are at least two ways to do this:
1) ODBC -- see this tutorial

2) ADO -- tutorials here

Both the above require a good deal of programming and require a good grasp of c or c++ languages. Some of the tutorials are written for vb, but they apply to c/c++ too.

You don't link the database itself, but a library of functions. There are at least two ways to do this:
1) ODBC -- see this tutorial

2) ADO -- tutorials here

The links you provided dont work. They dircet me to 'Google Home Page'.

They worked ok for me -- the links are a list of google links

They worked ok for me -- the links are a list of google links

Managed to get it working. Link looks like what I need to start learning. Many thanks. I'm sure there will be loads of noob questions from me in the near future so my apologies in advance :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.