Why i can't see the data environment in vb 6?
I tried to Project tab but i can't see the data environment then
i tried Project > Reference but i can't see Microsoft data environment 1.0 then
I tried to Add Component > Designer tab but i can't see the data environment then
i tried to re-install the vb 6 and same result
why?
i need help urgent...
i need to finish my project...

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Project > More ActiveX Designers > Data Environment ?

Are you using Portable or Full and what version ?

Right Click On project name -> Add -> Data Environment

i tried everything but i can't see the data environment

Look for a file named MSDE.DLL
It should be in C:\Program Files\Common Files\designer

If it's not there, you'll need to extract it from the VB install CD. Then use the command below to register it.

If it is there, register it again. copy and paste this command into Start->run and press enter:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\designer\msde.dll"

error when i run regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\designer\msde.dll"

Try running CMD as Administrator if you are using Windows 7.

how? what should i type?

This resolved my problem and many thanks. But i have one big problem runing with vb6 is that i cannot add Lambda symbol to msflexgrid control and to save it to database of sql server. Lambda symbol could be some where in the middle of the text e.g MunawarƛShah and when i retrieve data from db it should not convert lambda symbol to character. I tried here and there but no result

Article was really helpful and solved my problem. We need to copy all those files from cd folder and then past it in c:\program files\common files\designer and then add msde.dll and msderun.dll to the project as
references.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.