The following errors popped up upon compiling is there a way to fix this in dev c++ ???
Please resond here or to <snip> Thank you.

\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include\syslimits.h [Warning] #include_next is a GCC extension <- I have mingw installed from the included updater in dev c++

C:\Dev-Cpp\include\sys\types.h ISO C++ does not support `long long' <-- this one came up alot

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

You can't fix it with that compiler because that compiler version is too old. Get free Code::Blocks with MinGW (link here), which is current.

I will give that a try.

well it seems the code will not work in codeblocks. Do I need a convertor? I initially used dev c++.

well it seems the code will not work in codeblocks.

They use the same compiler, just different versions... And there's no way to say what you did wrong unless you post the code here.

compiled ok for me

#include <iostream>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    long long x = 123;
    cout << "Hello world! " << x << endl;
    return 0;
}

Ancient Dragon: there is actually a new version of Dev-C++, although not by Bloodshed. It contains MinGW GCC 4.6.2, so it should support most of the features even for C++11 ;)

http://sourceforge.net/projects/orwelldevcpp/

commented: Thanks. I didn't know that. +17
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.