I am trying to retrieve the telephone number from Active Directory for my script, I found alot of examples online, and I tried to implement what I think should make sense (but since I really don't know vb that well, this is problematic). Below is the piece of code:
. . . ''''Get Phone Number from Active Directory using employee ID retrieved from the logged in user Dim dirEntry, de As DirectoryEntry Dim dirSearcher As DirectorySearcher Dim sr As SearchResult dirEntry = New System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryEntry("LDAP://company.com") dirSearcher = New System.DirectoryServices.DirectorySearcher(dirEntry) dirSearcher.Filter = "(employeeID = " & Me.fp.BadgeNo & ")" 'The PropertiesToLoad.Add method will be useful when retrieving only the selected properties. dirSearcher.PropertiesToLoad.Add("telephoneNumber") 'Users Phone sr = dirSearcher.FindOne() If sr Is Nothing Then 'return false if user isn't found Me.tb_phone.Text = "N/A" End If 'Retrieve the user's Phone Number and assigns them to text boxes de = sr.GetDirectoryEntry() If Not de.Properties("telephoneNumber").Value Is Nothing Then Me.tb_phone.Text = de.Properties("telephoneNumber").Value.ToString() End If . . .
After running the script, I am getting the following error: "An operations error occurred" and the error always points to: "sr = dirSearcher.FindOne()"