hi all

is there an installer for jar file ? (hopefully free ware)
so client run setup.exe to install jar file ?

thank you
denny

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

why would you want an .exe to install a .jar file? you would ruin the entire platform independent advantage you get from actually using .jar files

hi karlmeier
thank you for the address

hi stultuske
just to know another possible way to distribute java application

regard
denny

well ... you can distribute a .jar file just as easy as a .exe file, the difference is, you won't be able to run the .exe unless you're using Windows as OS :)

// you would ruin the entire platform independent advantage you get from actually //using .jar files

is it true that I can run my jarfile in other non windows platform without any adjustment ?

denny

// you would ruin the entire platform independent advantage you get from actually //using .jar files

is it true that I can run my jarfile in other non windows platform without any adjustment ?

denny

jep, that's the entire point of them. they can be copied to no matter what platform and run by the user. once there's an .exe file in the process, you're limited to only the Windows OS

ok thank for the info

denny

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.