Hi guys, I've been working on Vb.net for about 2 and a half years. It's easy and always has been. I did almost everything. I need some new ideas to work on.
I did all the basic stuff such as:

picture viewer
browser
calculator
'explorer' - to view files/folders
reads/writes to database
pong
auto clicker
arraylist/collections
some custom gui 'os'
xml stuff - read write delete
binary 2 ascii
application maker(its like a mini visual studio made in vb. it writes all the control's properties to a xml file and and reads it when you launch it. <- pretty cool)(no codes just gui)
my own image format(stores it in xml - and encrypts it)
pacman
rpg game. <-- actually i never finished this. i got bored of it. it was too much work(it wasn't hard, just too much)
.bat/.cmd compiler
vb compiler <-- its like the mini application maker but you can write codes in this one(no gui)
*.ki compiler. <-- this i can call my own programming language, you write each operation(sub/function) in a *.ki document. then open it in ki console. and it reads it and applies it.
This would be a ki code:

operation welcome(name-string)
write("hello" & name)
pause
end operation

and to launch that code, you would go to the location of the file and double click it.
other wise you can write another ki file with the following:

welcome("Pride")   <-- they must be in the same directory. and the name of the operation and the name of the file must be identical.

I thought that was pretty cool. that was one of my recent projects thats why i mentioned it. back with the list:

clock
count-down timer
stop watch
- some random guy running across your screen - i was noob when i made this so i thought it was cool =)
media player
gdi to draw text with effects
rtf editor
platform game base with collisions
screen recorder - this was not done either. it got all the pictures. but never compiled it into an avi(or so) file.
tower defense - this was hard to make(and never finished it) because i started it when i was a noob. i made each tower a class(not control) and each enemy runner a class(same). to check if any enemy was in the tower's attack range i did:

for each en as enemy in enemiescurrent <-- enemiescurrent was a arraylisk of enemies that were alive(not dead yet)
if tower.range.contains(en.loc) then
tower.attack = true
tower.attacking = en
end if
next

i think thats how it went. im writing all this from the top of my head.

i made a mini rts. <-- you can move around 3 'marines'.
tic tac toe - v1 <-- computer's moves were random
tic tac toe - v2 <--computers moves were move logical. <-- i made this by doing a for each empty space. and checked if the computer can win by putting it in a certain spot. if it can't then it was random.
click counter
paint program with more shapes

and finally my second rpg game. the first one i mentioned ^ above ^ was made when i was a noob. <-- this one was made recent(not that recent.but recent'er(lol? recenter?) then the other one)
it was made to be one of a kind. i made another thread on it. you can read it if you like.

so why am i here again? lets say i want to continue to program, and c++ still seems too hard. thats why im asking you guys for ideas. im all out.
i made many more projects than listed here. <-- its just that not all were good.

excuse my writing. to lazy to press caps on sentences. and to make proper grammer(ar?)

thanks. anyways i doubt anyone read the list ^^.

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

Why not try your luck at a custom browser?

( I didn't see a browser in the list. )

browser was second on the list;) Why not branch out into another coding language if VB.Net is too easy? Learn Ruby on Rails or get good at Java, objective C maybe?

try to move toword automation by using RFID tags , singles , cards etc , and yes you can also work in some advance database applications , like ERP solutions , University student management system , etc .
Regards

By browser I mean 100% custom browser. Using the browser object is just using IE.

someone help me how to make an application like encarta...plz...i dont have enough learning to make it..plxz..

commented: cross post, post your own topic -1

hi sir i wonder why my code is updating all items inside my sql server database instead of updating just the selected data from the database here is me code sir please help me...

If txt_UserPassword.Text = txt_ReTypeUserPassword.Text Then
            'MY FIRST UPDATE STATEMENT
            'sql.CommandText = "UPDATE tbl_Users SET UserName =  '" & txt_UN.Text & "', UserPassword = '" & txt_UserPassword.Text & "', Role = '" & cbo_Role.Text & "' "
            'sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
            'con.Close()

'MY SECOND STATEMENT STILL DOESN'T WORK
            'TblUsersBindingSource.EndEdit()
            'Me.Tbl_UsersTableAdapter.Update(McDATADataSet)
            'SqlDataAdapter1.Update(McDATADataSet)

MsgBox("User Profile Has Been Updated...!", MsgBoxStyle.Information, "User Control Panel")
            Auto_Generate_ID()
            txt_UN.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            txt_ReTypeUserPassword.Clear()
            cbo_Role.Text = ""
            Me.Tbl_UsersTableAdapter.Fill(Me.McDATADataSet.tbl_Users)
        Else
            MsgBox("Passwords do not match. Please Re-Type your password correctly.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "User Control Panel")
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Focus()
        End If

Please i need help sir im just a newbie..

commented: cross post, post your own topic -1

hi sir i wonder why my code is updating all items inside my sql server database instead of updating just the selected data from the database here is my code sir please help me...

'sql.CommandText = "UPDATE tbl_Users SET UserName = '" & txt_UN.Text & "', UserPassword = '" & txt_UserPassword.Text & "', Role = '" & cbo_Role.Text & "' "
            'sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
            'con.Close()

MsgBox("User Profile Has Been Updated...!", MsgBoxStyle.Information, "User Control Panel")
            Auto_Generate_ID()
            txt_UN.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            cbo_Role.Text = ""
        Else
            MsgBox("Passwords do not match. Please Re-Type your password correctly.", MsgBoxStyle.Critical, "User Control Panel")
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Focus()
        End If

Please i need help sir im just a newbie..

Hi Like the other guys here are saying, try learning a new language or technology. New things are coming out all the time - how about seeing if you can do one of the games you did in VB.Net but in C# or Java

Hi sashyn01 !

your update query does not contain WHERE clause that's why it Update all record.

write code like this

'1. sql.CommandText = "UPDATE tbl_Users SET UserName = '" & txt_UN.Text & "', UserPassword = '" & txt_UserPassword.Text & "', Role = '" & cbo_Role.Text & "' where user_code = 1 "
            '2. sql.CommandText = "UPDATE tbl_Users SET UserName = '" & txt_UN.Text & "', UserPassword = '" & txt_UserPassword.Text & "', Role = '" & cbo_Role.Text & "' where user_code = 2 "
            ' etc
            'sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
            'con.Close()

Auto_Generate_ID()
            txt_UN.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            cbo_Role.Text = ""
        Else
            txt_UserPassword.Clear()
            txt_UserPassword.Focus()
        End If

thank you so much khair.ullah i really appreciate your help.. :D

Private Sub cmd_Search_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cmd_Search.Click
        sql.Connection = con
        con.Open()
        If RBUID.Checked = True Then
            sql.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM tbl_Users LIKE UserID = '%" & txt_Search_Box.Text & "%' "
            sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
        ElseIf RBUN.Checked = True Then
            sql.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM tbl_Users LIKE UserName = '%" & txt_Search_Box.Text & "%' "
            sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
        ElseIf RBR.Checked = True Then
            sql.CommandText = "SELECT * FROM tbl_Users WHERE Role = '" & txt_Search_Box.Text & "' "
            sql.ExecuteNonQuery()
        Else
            MsgBox("No match data found.!", MsgBoxStyle.Information, "User Control Panel")
        End If
        con.Close()

here is my search code. is anything missing in here?..it doesn't work as i imagine.. :(

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.