Start New Discussion within our Software Development Community

Hello,

I am trying to design a game for a school kids (6-15 age) and I need a specific help... If you can of course... First of all
the program (game) will be an "Open sources" I don't really like to sell my programs so, I will create for free... I have work with visual
studio before with other program that have Sql database etc and I didn't have any problem since the programs goes for a company that
the users are more used to GUI.. Now for a kids 6 year old it should be different.. I am trying to find a ways to build the program as much easier I can so any ages be able to used it.. The problem is visual basic doesn't have the proper tools for that, and I am looking for ways to build a good GUI..I have already find reference like "dotNet" but I really don't know how installed proper since I get a lot of error message because seems I am using already other version for the old programs that I had build....So if you know any way to create an "Advanced form design" into visual basic 2010 or visual studio 2010 I will appritiate a lot.... I really don't want to change into C# or C++ since It will take a lot of time to develop a whole graphical unic interface, probably I will stay into visual basic/studio... At the end I want to create the same program for linux... A lot of our schools here starts using linux distro (thats awesome!! :D ) I am using linux for a long time
but basic for my job, creating ip tables etc (for networks).. I have also fixed a bug for nvidia-drives (basic it's a script on my laptop) and I really didn't try to build a real program or a simple application so if you know a places, pdf or something etc website formus that can refer into linuc programing please let me know.....

(NOTE:: basic I want to insert windows shadows, button shapes, different kind of tool bars easy to used... etc)

Thank you in advance..!!
Best Regards
Akis

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.