Hello
I would like to know
how to make .bat files with a time trigger
some thing like this:
I make a file with autorun and it ahs a time trigger and after two monts it opens this file...
can someone please help me resolve this problem.....
thanks...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Why not schedule the task in task scheduler for every two months?

Definitely, put the task on the scheduler. Would you really expect the computer it is running on to run continuously for 2 months? Especially on a Windows system.

Yeah you're right I don't expect for computer to be on for that long....
but I have have It open after two mounths.....
you know something like a warning after your trial version of some thing has expired...?
ok thanks
I'll try this out if it doesn't work I know where to find you..

you know something like a warning after your trial version of some thing has expired...?

This can simply be done by recording the installation date somewhere (in the registry, install directory, or somewhere else), preferrably encrypted, and checking that date against today's date everytime the user runs the application (and regularly while it is running, if you expect them to run your application continuously for days). But that will only allow you to warn the user as he starts the app, and block the app if the period has expired. If you want a "reminder" to pop-up on its own (independent of the application being used) when the expiration date comes close, then you should use the task scheduler of Windows (something like checking daily for a comparison between the recorded installation date and today's date, and warn the user if he is within 5-10 days of the expiration date).

No..
That not the thing I hade in mind......
I thot something like this....
When I install windows to my computer I want to delete the system anđ install an other one...
I already have the file for deleting the system i just need some how to schedule it...

I would suggest the windows scheduler or a windows service.
This kind of thing is also perfect for malware.

If this is purely for an upgrade, it might be best to have the program check to see if it has passed a certain date (when it starts).
If so, it would download the new version and replace itself.

ok so I checked this and it works....
I would like to know if there is a batch file whitch turns of the anti virus for some time....
is it posible?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.